Adjusting to the new norm of home working has been a significant challenge for 23.6m* people this year. That equates to over 60% of Britain’s adult workforce having to make the change to work from home, bunking up with their fellow home workers, children and family members to fight for the Wi-Fi, grabbing the best chair in the house for their 8 hours a day at the laptop.
Whether you’re an aspiring musician, a student or running your business from home, it can be quite daunting to sit by yourself for such prolonged periods, so making your workspace the best it can be is key and sitting on the right chair is essential.
We know that the human body was not meant to be seated for extended hours during the day. Evolution led us to develop a musculoskeletal system optimized for standing upright or being on the move, i.e. chasing our dinner! Factor in the shift in our working habits since the late 20th century to technology led, desk work and we find we are all sitting down too much.
We are suffering more back discomfort and physical ailments than ever before, which is why our design team had to create not only beautiful looking chairs, but chairs which are good for us, support us well and promote movement.
We created the term ‘Dynamic Sitting’ wellbeing through movement in the chair. Our unique chairs can be unlocked whilst seated. We know regular movement is recognized as vital for good back care and making the chair work for you is paramount to comfortable sitting all day long.
Here are some of the wellbeing features on our chairs:
- Body balance mechanism for ‘dynamic sitting’
- Patented Airbridge technology to deliver variable support for your spine through inflatable, AirCare seat cushions.
- Easy Lift, back height adjustment for precise positioning of the lumbar support.
- Cool, flexible mesh backs.
- Push Button Mechanism control.
- Height adjustable lumbar pads.
- S shaped spinal support.
- Width & height adjustable arms designed to prevent strain on our shoulders and neck.
- Multi adjustable head rests.
Pick the right chair for your back.